Introducing your new favorite party appetizer! This combination of creamy and spicy with a generous amount of shrimp flavor in every scoop is a seafood lovers dream come true. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 (1.25oz) packages Pop's Golden Gems dried shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions, white and green parts diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (fresh or from a jar)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's, Slap Ya Momma, Zatarains, et cetera)
- 12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 packages) softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F and prepare 8x8-inch baking dish
2. Empty both packages of Pop's Golden Gems dried shrimp into a small pot of water and let boil while preparing other ingredients (this step is to soften shrimp)
3. In large nonstick skillet, cook diced bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of butter for two
minutes over medium-high heat, until softened
4. Add diced green onions, minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook an additional 2-3 minutes
5. Transfer vegetable mixture to a bowl along with boiled shrimp (fully drained) and leave to cool
6. In a second bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce with a spoon or hand-held mixer until smooth
7. Add remaining Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, vegetable and shrimp mixture, and both cheeses. Mix until smooth.
8. Transfer mixture to baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite brand of crackers or chips and enjoy!
Remember, if you have your own dried shrimp or dried shrimp powder recipe that you would like to share with us, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Recipe"
We would love the opportunity to share your recipes on our blog!
Please Note: This recipe was adapted from a recipe found on the Spicy Southern Kitchen website: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/spicy-shrimp-dip/